I mean someone who builds appeal on Pinterest!
For those who are not familiar with Pinterest; it is a content sharing service that allows members to “pin” images, videos and other objects… just like a good old pin board or even fridge door! Pinterest is the fastest site in history to break through the 10 million unique visitor mark (11.7 million users globally/ apprx 570K in Australia – Jan 2012). I think that what has made Pinterest so popular (at least to women) is its visual appeal. Like Nancy Georges described it at last week’s social media women, Pinterest is “A real Beautiful, Delicious eye candy”.
If you are in home decor, art, craft, fashion, style or deign, food, travel, Pinterest could become a great marketing tool for you!
Here are some key tips gathered at the social media women event last week:
– Start Pinning before you follow people, you must demonstrate insights to your creativity when they start following you.
– Select topics you like so that you feel like participating!
– Add pin it button to your bookmarks, it makes it super easy to pin as you browse the web!
– Just like on any other social networks: follow the rules of engagement: don’t pin in blocks, don’t “spam pin”, follow people you like, acknowledge when someone re-pins your content (and follow them if you fin their creativity interesting), re-pin and like when you see something you love!
– Act like you are the editor of your own magazine: build boards that resonate with you and your creativity. Make it fun for you and you “audience”!!
– Make your board names interesting and attention grabbing (eg: Sarah says). Create storyboards (eg: a board for anything to do with summer, orange…)
– Go mobile: download the app for iphone or Android. It will help you be spontaneous and more authentic.
– Explore & discover: use the search button & the drop down. Give yourself a goal to use Pinterest (eg: accessories you need for a party, home reno, plan a holiday…)
– Upload videos: there is not a lot of video content yet, so easy way to get noticed!
Happy Sexy Pinning!