Recently I found myself running out of books to read so I thought, this year I would approach sharing the learnings from #SXSW in a different way, by creating a reading list inspired by #SXSW 2017 keynote speakers.
Here it is:
- Absolute TOP read for anyone working in a start up, at Twitter or Facebook, or fascinated by the Silicon Valley: Chaos Monkey by Antonio Garcia Martinez
- Amazon did tell me that I would enjoy Disrupted by Dan Lyons based on my Kindle purchase an also probably my average page turning speed, nb of hrs/ day, time to completion of Chaos Monkey , but after attending Dan Lyons keynote “Ending the bro culture and bias in Start up land”, I can confirm that Amazon is probably right!
All the below are plugs from authors and speakers at #SXSW. I haven’t read them myself yet but won’t run out of books to read for a while.
- Originals by Adam Grant ( you can also watch his SXSW keynote here)
- The Culture Code by Daniel Coyle
- Freakonomics by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner
- Thinking fast and slow by Daniel Kahneman
- In search of our mother’s garden by Alice Walker
- The gifts of imperfection by Brene Brown