One of my 2018 new year’s resolution was to read one book per month. To do so, I made some simple yet powerful adjustments to my daily life: I swapped social media time for kindle time.
Easier said than done… after multiple failed attempts (as I am sure most of you can relate), the trick that worked for me was to delete most of my social media apps from my phone, carry my kindle in my bag everywhere I went and consciously reach for it during down times: commute, airport, line at the super market, hairdresser… That worked. I read 17 books in 2018!
Also always line up your next read before you finish your current one.
If you need some inspiration, here my 2018 reading list (not in order of preference). I recommend all of them, especially the ones in bold:
- Powerhouse by James Andrew Miller
- Porcelain, by Moby
- Neuromancer by William Gibson
- Hit makers by Derek Thompson
- 50 shades of grey by E.L. James
- Future presence by Peter Rubin
- Shoe dog by Phil Knight
- Grit: The power of passion & perseverance
- Da Vinci by Walter Isaacson
- Post American World by Fareed Zakaria
- Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
- The shock doctrine by Naomi Klein
- Exponential living by Sheri Riley
- Born a crime by Trevor Noha
- The rules of civility by Amor Towles
- Part of the tribe by Kevin Richardson
- L’Horizon a l’envers by Marc Levy Marie Sornin